Thursday 22 September 2011

Tongariro update



Beautiful sunny day on Tongariro.
My new sword is very nice to cast, and also surprisingly amazingly awesome to control the fish.
Perfect match with new 480 grain tip, capable to cast 70 ft effortlessly.
Caught so many fish again, my fly paterns are definetly spot on for clear-low water days.


However.....
I don't want to say this but.....I lost a big, big fish today.
I have never ever engaged with a fish that big, after she made the 1st big jump, I saw the fish and my hands started shaking. I got very nervous then 2 minutes later....shes gone.
I didn't do anything wrong, she was just about on the beach.
Well, must be one of those days and..... now there is a reason to go back and cast.

As I said, my new fly experiment is completed now and it's time to move on to something new again.
Don't worry, I already have a few ideas.

I'll be back on the river next week, until then I'll keep collecting browny points:-)

flyfishingninja

No comments:

Post a Comment